Retail Assistant Manager
Location: Valencia, California
Description: Flyers Energy is at present recruited Retail Assistant Manager right now, this job will be placed in California. More complete informations about this job opportunity please read the description below. SUMMARY: To assist the store manager in operating a Flyers Convenience Food Store engaged in selling general lines of merchandise, prepared foods, and gasoline, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate team members. Is responsible for directing the day-to-day operating activities of the assigned store in accordance with Company image, profitability, guest service, safety, and personnel standards. Follow all policies as outlined in the Training Guide, Store Personnel Handbook, Safety Manual, and Hire Package. This position reports to the Store Manager responsible for the location. STATUS: Non-Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Give all guests prompt and courteous service.
- Provide fuel island service to guests as needed.
- Promote and support Company image standards.
- Assists store manager in preparing work schedules and assists in directing team members to specific duties, including but not limited to appropriate use of Discussion Planner forms.
- Assists in coordination of sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers preparing merchandise displays and signage.
- Supervises team members. Participates in the taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, and preparing daily sales reports for accounting, or performs work of subordinates as needed.
- Inventories and orders merchandise and gasoline to replenish merchandise on hand in the managerâs absence.
- Monitors compliance of team members with established security, sales, safety, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Answers guestâs complaints or inquiries.
- Verifies bank deposits and ensures they are delivered to the bank daily in the managerâs absence or as directed.
- Makes correct change, processes credit/EBT cards and issues receipts or tickets to guests.
- Operates cash register by ringing all purchases into the proper department on the cash register, per company policy.
- Stock and front face coolers, deli cases, store shelves, and displays.
- Ensures Guest Safety.
- Is knowledgeable of and has the ability to respond to emergency situations as described in Companyâs IIPP
- Reports competitive gas price surveys when responsible for opening shift.
- Participates in the recruitment, interviewing, and training of Store Team Members.
- Assists the manager in the implementation of disciplinary procedures.
- Assists in the execution of the safety program and enforces observance of safety regulations.
- Handles accident reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for communication of Company Policies to Team Members.
- Correctly process Lottery and Lotto transactions.
- Process HelpDesk requests as appropriate.
- Executes and complies with Managerâs Daily Expectations program.
- Possession of a valid and appropriate Driverâs License and automobile insurance.
- Adheres to all city, county, and state regulations.
- Complies with Company meal and rest break policies.
- Presents a neat, clean appearance in uniform as prescribed by the Company.
- Assists in the implementation of all merchandising and service programs designed by management.
- Inspects inside and outside appearance of store daily, checking gutters, paved areas, lighting, floors, displays, etc.; performs or assigns cleaning and light maintenance tasks in order to maintain an attractive, functional store.
- Monitors the operations of store equipment for proper functioning; performs minor or routine repairs or adjustments as needed. Reports broken equipment to the office which was not repaired at store level.
- Assists store manager in conducting quarterly store meetings for the purpose of resolving problems and corporate issues, safety procedures and MSDS updates and information.
- Ability to enforce proper sanitation and safety requirements associated with food storage and serving.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associateâs Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school: or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and team members. Ability to communicate with guests using the intercom system for instructions and plus selling.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute ratios and percentages.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member is occasionally required to sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work schedules may at any time, as required by business operations, be adjusted for definite or indefinite periods of time so as to increase, decrease or otherwise change any non-exempt team memberâs daily, weekly and/or shift hours of work and/or the days a team member will report for
If you were eligible to this job, please give us your resume, with salary requirements and a resume to Flyers Energy.
Interested on this job, just click on the Apply button, you will be redirected to the official website
This job will be opened on: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 21:07:30 GMT